[Openstack] [OpenStack] Can Mitaka RamFilter support free hugepages?

Vagner Farias vfarias at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 17:16:28 UTC 2017

Em 5 de set de 2017 05:52, "Weichih Lu" <zxcv811013.cs03g at g2.nctu.edu.tw>
escreveu:

Dear all,

I have a compute node with 64GB ram. And I set 50 hugepages wiht 1GB
hugepage size. I used command "free", it shows free memory is about 12GB.
And free hugepages is 50.

Then I launch an instance with 16GB memory, set flavor tag
: hw:mem_page_size=large. It show Error: No valid host was found. There are
not enough hosts available. And I check nova-scheduler log. My compute is
removed by RamFilter. I can launch an instance with 8GB memory
successfully, or I can launch an instance with 16GB memory sucessfully by
remove RamFilter.

Does RamFilter only check free memory but not free hugepages?
How can I solve this problem?

I use openstack mitaka version.

Did you enable NUMATopologyFilter? This is required for using huge
pages[1].

1: https://docs.openstack.org/nova/pike/admin/huge-pages.html

Regards,

Vagner Farias.