[Openstack] [Mirantis][Fuel-9.0] UI not accessible

Raja T Nair rtnair at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 17:23:15 UTC 2017

Thanks for the reply, John.

The issue is resolved now. As I told in my previous mail, I had only
completed the installation and fuelmenu setup.
Had not run this script: /usr/sbin/bootstrap_admin_node.sh
Once I completed this step, nginx started listening and now webUI is
accessible.

I used this installation guide, but did not follow it completely, my bad:
https://docs.openstack.org/fuel-docs/latest/userdocs/fuel-install-guide/install/install_install_fuel_master_node.html#install-install-fuel-master-node

Thanks again for the response.

Regards,
Raja.

On 17 October 2017 at 18:40, John Petrini <jpetrini at coredial.com> wrote:

> Is nginx running?
>
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Raja T Nair <rtnair at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I downloaded the latest Mirantis Openstack iso from the website and
>> installed it as a virtualbox vm.
>>
>> Installation went through without any issue. the VM can communicate to
>> the outside world using given IP: 10.10.31.2/24
>>
>> But the web UI is not accessible. When I try to access it through a
>> browser, it redirects me to port 8443 , which errors out.
>>
>> I checked in the fuel master node, and port 8443 is not listening there.
>> Is there any more steps to perform after the installation, that brings
>> the webUI up?
>>
>> Can someone please help me troubleshoot this? I am doing fuel based
>> installation for the first time.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Raja.
>> --