[Openstack] procedure to change hostname of compute

Sunny Anthony Sunny.Anthony at veritas.com
Tue Oct 10 03:40:40 UTC 2017

Hi Experts,

I’m looking for correct procedure to change the hostname of a running compute in Ocata OpenStack.

Here are the steps in my mind.

  1.  Change the /etc/hosts file
  2.  Change the hostname using “hostnamectl set-hostname <new hostname>”
  3.  Reboot the host. Here I’m not sure if we can avoid a reboot and restart few services on compute and controller node. Please suggest.
  4.  After host is online, check “openstack compute service list” output.
  5.  Remove old hostname entry on controller using “openstack compute service delete”.
  6.  Restart nova-api service to update the DB. Please correct. If I’m wrong

Regards,

Sunny