[Openstack] [openstack] devstack log files don't exist

huanglingyan (A) huanglingyan2 at huawei.com
Tue Oct 10 01:56:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am new to openstack and trying to use devstack to launch an all-in-one openstack environment on my machine.
Unfortunately it says error when I created an instance. However, I could not get the corresponding logging file.

In /var/log, there¡¯s no dirs or files like nova/ , neutron/, cinder/£¬etc .
In /opt/stack/logs/, there are 4 types of file:
         dstat-csv.log, error.log, stack.sh.log, worlddump.txt.
   only record the process of installing devstack, no information of other operation like launching an instance.  No files like n-* or c-* exists.
Can not find any files named like nova.log.

My environments:
         Server: ARMv8 architecture server,
         OS: Ubuntu 16.04,
         Devstack: stable/pike,

What I did:
As stack user:
Try to configure the local.conf file, ./unstack.sh and ./stack.sh:
         /opt/stack/Local.conf:     [[local|localrc]]
ADMIN_PASSWORD=secret
DATABASE_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
RABBIT_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
SERVICE_PASSWORD=$ADMIN_PASSWORD
HOST_IP=10.67.247.28
LOGFILE=$DEST/logs/stack.sh.log
VERBOSE=true
SCREEN_LOGDIR=/opt/stack/logs
LOGDAYS=2
LOG_COLOR=true
CINDER_BRANCH=stable/pike
GLANCE_BRANCH=stable/pike
HORIZON_BRANCH=stable/pike
KEYSTONE_BRANCH=stable/pike
KEYSTONECLIENT_BRANCH=stable/pike
NOVA_BRANCH=stable/pike
NOVACLIENT_BRANCH=stable/pike
NEUTRON_BRANCH=stable/pike
SWIFT_BRANCH=stable/pike

When I try to use screen command, like ¡°screen ¨Clist¡±,
it says:
No Sockets found in /var/run/screen/S-stack.

When I use dashboard to create an instance,
the console tab says:
         Console cannot be loaded.
The log tab says:
         Log of instance *** cannot be obtained.

I must get something wrong, please point it out for me.

Thank you in advance,

Lingyan Huang