[Openstack] kolla-ansible Openstack MTU customization

Manuel Sopena Ballesteros manuel.sb at garvan.org.au
Thu Nov 23 06:00:08 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a small Openstack kolla-ansible deployment running on a bond 2x 25Gbits/sec network and jumbo frames MTU 9000. I was trying to setup kolla-ansible to be aware of my physical network configuration but I could not find any document related to this.

I also tried to make this changes manually modifying neutron.conf and ml2_conf.ini files on control and compute nodes (https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/pike/admin/config-mtu.html) and rebooted the neutron containers but new vms still has MTU 1450.

Questions:

Does anyone knows how to configure kolla-ansible to do what I want?
Does anyone has a tip about how to configure MTU 9000 on a Opestack kolla-ansible deployment?

Thank you very much

Manuel Sopena Ballesteros | Big data Engineer
Garvan Institute of Medical Research
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, 370 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
T: + 61 (0)2 9355 5760 | F: +61 (0)2 9295 8507 | E: manuel.sb at garvan.org.au<mailto:manuel.sb at garvan.org.au>

NOTICE
Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.