[Openstack] [Ceilometer] Unable to retrieve data from ceilometer

Gautham Yajamaan gautham.yejamaan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 10:43:54 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

Problem: Not able to get data from Ceilometer.

Installed Openstack using Devstack.

Enabled ceilometer plugin and enables services such as
ceilometer-agent-notification, ceilometer-agent-central and ceilometer-api.
The services are running along with the default openstack service that
comes with devstack.

Configured (/etc/ceilometer/) pipeline.yaml with:
- notifier://
- gnocchi://
for all the meters in the file.

I haven't tried the publishing method http:// as I am fairly new to it.

With pike, I have read that the command "ceilometer" is deprecated and we
have to use gnocchi.

Tried using gnocchi but unable to get the gnocchi.meterd.service and
gnocchi.statd.service started.

*Please help me with any documentation that would provide some material to
move further with my attempt to install and run ceilometer, gnocchi and get
the data from them. *

*It would really helpful to know how and where the metering samples are
built and can I access them?*

--
Thanks and Regards
Gautham