[Openstack] [openstack-dev] generation of .pem file

Juan Antonio Osorio jaosorior at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 14:39:00 UTC 2017

Hello,

You need to verify the files and check how they look like. A good guide to
do this is this one http://how2ssl.com/articles/working_with_pem_files/ .
.cert and .key are not actual formats, but might actually contain the cert
and the key in PEM format. The main giveaway is that they should contain
the header. If you will use the file for HAProxy, then you need the
certificate and key in the same file. So you would do something like this:

    $ cat mycertificate.cert  mykey.key > cert-and-key.pem

And the resulting file is something you could use for your HAProxy
instance. But again, it all depends on what you will use it for.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 3:36 PM, David Gabriel <davidgab283 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dears,
>
> I need to generate the .pem file based on certifcate files (.cert).
> The key (.key file) is available too.
> All my files can be read as text files.
> Could you please detail the procedure for this ?
> I am using ubuntu as OS.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Best regards.

Juan Antonio Osorio R.