[Openstack] Compute Node shutdown how to prevent instance suspend

Chris contact at progbau.de
Fri Nov 3 03:50:01 UTC 2017

Hello Tzach,

Agree for a graceful shutdown there should be some steps ahead. Im
actually asking the question because the hardware we use has a high
failure rate on RAID controllers. The physical machine reacts with a
reboot, so its not controlable from our side. We dont want to delete the
instances at all, its just about the Instance shutdown/process kill.

Got a good answer already:
If you are using CentOS  / Red Hat you can modify this file:
/etc/sysconfig/libvirt-guests
libvirt-guests:#ON_SHUTDOWN=suspend

Thanks for your answer!

Cheers Chris