[Openstack] Compute Node shutdown how to prevent instance suspend

Remo Mattei remo at italy1.com
Thu Nov 2 18:21:58 UTC 2017

If you are using CentOS  / Red Hat you can modify this file:

libvirt-guests:#ON_SHUTDOWN=suspend

# action taken on host shutdown
# - suspend   all running guests are suspended using virsh managedsave
# - shutdown  all running guests are asked to shutdown. Please be
careful with
#             this settings since there is no way to distinguish between a
#             guest which is stuck or ignores shutdown requests and a guest
#             which just needs a long time to shutdown. When setting
#             ON_SHUTDOWN=shutdown, you must also set SHUTDOWN_TIMEOUT to a
#             value suitable for your guests.
#ON_SHUTDOWN=suspend

Hope this help.

Remo