[Openstack] Newton openstack designate installation
michel.labarre at helicom.fr
Tue May 30 10:56:36 UTC 2017
I installed designate on Newton openstack in Centos 7.3.
After complete designate setup as indicated in
(I have not found specific doc for newton)
- All processes are running (central, api, mdns, worker, producer, sink)
- I created zone with my domain.
- I updated my network to indicates domain name ( update with
- I updated my server.conf on the 3 HA neutron servers (add
`[designate]` group directives, add final dot to my `[default]
dns_domain` attribute and add in `[default]` the driver :
`external_dns_driver = designate`
- I updated my ml2 plugin to add `dns` in `extension_drivers` attribute.
- I restarted neutron servers.
All commands as 'openstack dns service list' and 'openstack zone list
ans openstack recordset list xxx' are ok.
Now, when i create a VM from dashboard, the VM is created without
problem (as without designate) but no recordset is created. I don't see
any call to port 9001 in api log. It seems that designate plugin is not
Any idea? Thank you very much
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack