[Openstack] Stackalytics Company_affiliation

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Sun May 21 15:12:36 UTC 2017

Excerpts from TanXin's message of 2017-05-21 20:56:12 +0800:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing a research of the company role in OpenStack. I find this file(https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Stackalytics#Company_affiliation <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Stackalytics#Company_affiliation>) is very valuable.
> But I am confused that whether it contains all the committers, or the committers who have the certain privilege and if so, what’s the privilege of these people?
> Because I find this file only  contains 1893 people, which is far less than I expect.
>
> Thank you for your kind response.
>
> TanXin

Many of our contributors use their work email addresses in their
patches, and the domain names of those email addresses are enough
to determine their affiliation. There's a separate section of the
default_data.json to map domain names to company names (see the
"companies" key).

Doug