[Openstack] [designate] Synchronize bind9 backend

Lars-Erik Helander lars-erik.helander at proceranetworks.com
Tue May 9 12:12:36 UTC 2017

Hi Graham,

We were using the designate version in newton bit is now using ocata, however the behaviour is the same (i.e. no synch)
Can I look for traces of the period synchs in some log file?
Is there some config parameter that controls the sunch?

/Lars

On 2017-05-04, 14:23, "Graham Hayes" <ghayes at suse.de> wrote:

    On 03/05/17 10:51, Lars-Erik Helander wrote:
    > We are using designate with a bind9 backend in a newton based Openstack
    > system.
    >
    > When the designate processes and the bind9 process are restarted they
    > get out of synch. The zones in designate are no longer in bind9. How can
    > I get the bind9 backend to get synchronized after a restart?
    >

    > /Lars

    Designate should run a periodic sync to check that all the zones are on
    the bind9 server - what version of Designate are you using?

    - Graham