[Openstack] How to mount ISO file to a openstack instance ?

wawayu dongjh at ahope.com.cn
Mon May 8 13:24:23 UTC 2017

Thanks.
From: "Eugen Block"<eblock at nde.ag>
Date: Mon, May 8, 2017 06:23 PM
To: "openstack"<openstack at lists.openstack.org>;
Subject: Re: [Openstack] How to mount ISO file to a openstack instance ?

Hi,

> But as far as I know, this ISO image cannot be used to boot an instance.

That's not correct, see [1] for details. We use ISOs to install new
VMs on a regular basis.

To attach an ISO to an instance, you have to create a volume from that
ISO image first. This volume can then be attached to any instance
within that project, or if you need that volume in a different
project, you can transfer it [2].

> And can an iso image be shared by multiple instances?

I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. If we talk about the
first part of my answer (use volumes to attach images to instances)
and you have created a volume that is already attached to an instance,
you won't be able to attach the same volume to another instance unless
you detach it from the first instance. I don't know another way to
attach an ISO. You would have to create new volumes every time you
need the ISO as an attachment.

Regards,
Eugen

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/cli-nova-launch-instance-using-ISO-image.html
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/common/cli-manage-volumes.html

Zitat von "Warad, Manjunath (Nokia - SG/Singapore)"

--
Eugen Block                             voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : eblock at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983