[Openstack] cloud-init not start ini ubuntu 17.04

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Fri May 5 06:26:09 UTC 2017

You have to make sure that cloud-init is enabled and running in your
base instance. Then snapshot that VM and launch another instance from
the new image, provide some user-data to test it.
Cloud-init is a tool for initial configuration of new instances,
that's why you would have to execute these steps manually if you
configure your first VM to be a new base image. So all the magic will
be (hopefully) visible if you launch a new VM.

Regards,
Eugen

--
Eugen Block                             voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : eblock at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983