[Openstack] Why am I getting 2 IP's assigned to every instance?

Mikhail Medvedev mihailmed at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 13:09:21 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Sterdnot Shaken
<sterdnotshaken at gmail.com> wrote:
> Openstack version: Mitaka
> Number of external bridges: 1
>
> Whenever I spawn a new cirros image, I'm get 2 ip's out of the same ip block
> assigned to each instance.
>
> Anyone know why?

I saw this happen on Mitaka cloud when an instance was rescheduled to
a different compute node. E.g. initial scheduling puts it on compute1,
it fails to boot there for some reason, and is being rescheduled to a
compute2. It already has a port assigned from first attempt, and gets
second port attached on reschedule, leaking the first port ip.

To confirm if this is also what's happening in your case you can check
nova scheduler log on your controller.