[Openstack] Placement service credentials do not work

Chris Suttles suttles at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 03:53:38 UTC 2017

You can get a better idea of what's going on by looking at the other nova
log files as Vikash suggested. I would start with the nova-scheduler log if
your nova-api log looks clean.

This slideshow is a bit dated, but has a decent overview of how nova works
when provisioning a VM. While it is old and doesn't include a placement
API, it's still a useful reference for troubleshooting VM provisioning:

https://www.slideshare.net/anandnande/openstack-nova-deep-dive

I hope that helps :)