[Openstack] [Neutron] Need L2 Connectivity between the extra two nics between the VMs created on OpensStack

Neil Jerram neil at tigera.io
Fri Mar 17 11:49:53 UTC 2017

Hi Vivek,

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 11:27 AM Vivek Nirala <nirala.vivek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Alternatively can we use a bridge to attach the nic interfaces(of n number
> of virtual machines) ?

Yes, this is exactly what Neutron does by default.

> If yes then is there any specific neutron command to add a bridge and
> attach nics to it, this is required since as far as i know nova needs a
> network to spawn an instance.

There is no specific command at the time of creating the network or of
booting any instances.  You just need to have your Neutron configured to
use one of the drivers or plugins that uses bridging to connect VM
interfaces.

> if there is no specific neutron command to add bridge is there any plugin
> for that ( ML2 ?? )?

Yes.  The simplest option is the ML2 plugin with the 'linuxbridge'
mechanism driver.

Regards,
     Neil