[Openstack] [Neutron] Need L2 Connectivity between the extra two nics between the VMs created on OpensStack

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Wed Mar 15 05:36:43 UTC 2017

What type of L2 communication do they need to do? If it's ethernet, then
just attaching two ports to a network using one of the reference ML2
drivers (i.e. OVS or LinuxBridge) will give you L2 ethernet connectivity
via virtual switches.

If you want two VMs connected via a direct connect that passes arbitrary
frames directly without switching so you can use non-ethernet protocols,
then I don't believe any of the plugins support a model like that.