[Openstack] DHCP Request Failed on Ocata

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Sat Mar 11 19:28:51 UTC 2017

 Hello!

 I am trying to setup a new Ocata installation following the official
 guide but my instances fail to get a DHCP address.

 I am using two physical nodes (1x controller and 1x compute) each one
 with two network interfaces.
 Compute node can reach the Controller node via the first interface and
 vice versa.
 As recommended by the manual the second interface is unnumbered.

 When I launch an instance I can see using "tcpdump" that the DHCP
 request reaches the second (the unnumbered) interface
 of the compute node but never reaches any other interface either on
 compute or controller node.

 Therefore I am wondering how should the instance get an IP address?
 What is the correct path that is followed?

 I have tried that using both provider and self-service networks and the
 result is always the same.

 Looking forward for any directions, recommendations etc.

 All the best,

 G.