[Openstack] devstack and openbaton integration

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 20:58:24 UTC 2017

On 03/08/2017 01:15 PM, Antonio Cappuccio wrote:
> Hi all, we are configuring openbaton on top of openstack.
>
> We have installed devstack and openbaton on the same VM, with ubuntu 14.04.
>
> Both openbaton and openstack dashboards look fine, so we think we have
> installed both products in the right way. Now we are trying to integrate
> openstack and openbaton for working together.
>
> When we try to create a new VIM instance, in order to try to link
> openbaton with openstack, we get back the following error: /Not listed
> Images successfully of VimInstance test. Caused by:
> org.openbaton.exceptions.VimDriverException: Unauthorized Code: 422/
>
> Below you can also find the configuration params for openbaton VIM
> instance (getting us the error above)
>
>   * PoP Name: test
>     the URL from devstack dashboard)
>   * Tenant: demo (please note that we have checked the value from
>     devstack dashboard)
>   * Username: demo Password: */*/***
>   * Type: openstack Key Pair: ????? which value should we set here? ????

I don't know anything about openbaton, but the above is asking for the
name of the keypair to use for the user "demo" when openbaton uses your
OpenStack installation to launch instances.

You should go to the Keypairs tab when logged in as "demo" to the
Horizon OpenStack dashboard and create a keypair and then supply the
name of that keypair in your config above.

Best,
-jay