[Openstack] Quota Exceeded when no Instances are running

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Mon Mar 6 22:18:13 UTC 2017

 All,

 I am setting up a new Ocata installation and although no instances are
 running or at least not shown neither in Dashboard nor in CLI using the
 "nova list" command I am getting a "Quota Exceeded" error.

 Why is this happening and how can I clean it up in order to continue
 using it?

 The only thing that I can think of is that I 've tried to spawn several
 (maybe 10) instances that went in "Error" state with "No valid hosts
 found" error message. Apparently I 've delete the instances afterwards
 but maybe these instances are the ones that have hang-up.

 Any help much appreciated!

 All the best,

 George