[Openstack] Why does Horizon randomly hang for minutes on end

Sterdnot Shaken sterdnotshaken at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 01:01:17 UTC 2017

Openstack version: Mitaka

I know this is a difficult question to answer, but we have been having
strange pauses (that last for 1 to 4 minutes) randomly showing up in
Horizon when we are either modify\adding\deleting objects
(network,subnet,instances,etc). It seems to happen more regularly when we
repeatedly perform said operations. Usually, during those pauses, I can ssh
to, say Neutron, and make my modifications just fine, but other times even
that method is slow.

During those states, we have checked cpu on various server nodes including
Neutron, Horizon etc, yet all have ver low CPU consumption during those
times.

Has anyone seen this before? Could it be an issue involving RabbitMQ
potentually?

Sorry for the needle in a haystack question and thanks in advance!