[Openstack] Tricircle or Trio2o

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 14:38:45 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I would like to build up a multi-region openstack and I read that both
tricircle and trio2o are the most suitable solutions.
I have few questions:
- from the wikis I couldn't deeply understand the differences between the
two: ad far as I understood tricircle deploys a shared neutron module,
trio2o provides a gateway in the case of a single nova/glance module.Is it
right?
- Could you better explain the architecture? For instance: where is the
Controller? Are the compute nodes the same of the one site implementation?
- Is it possible to connect distributed compute nodes with an SDN network,
in order to use it as data plane?
- If not, what kind of network is in the middle? I suppose that a network
is necessary to connect the different pod.

Could you please clarify these points?
Thanks a lot

--
Silvia Fichera