[Openstack] [heat] Heat::SoftwareDeployment not working

Amit Kumar ebiibe82 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 12:47:59 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I have installed OpenStack Mitaka using OpenStack-Ansible 13.3.13. Trying
to use Heat::SoftwareDeployment resource similar to as described in:
https://github.com/openstack/heat-templates/blob/master/hot/software-config/example-templates/example-script-template.yaml
;
but is not working as expected. SoftwareDeployment resource is always in
progress state once heat stack is created from command line.

Here are the /var/log/cloud-init-output.log:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/613502/
/var/log/os-collect-config.log shows these logs:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/613503/. Can they cause any harm?
/var/run/heat-config/heat-config is showing the script and the input
parameters which I want to run on VM. Here are the logs:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/613504/ but in-spite of script and its
input being here, */var/lib/cloud/instances/i-0000003a/scripts/userdata*
file is empty.
Here is the /var/lib/cloud/instances/i-0000003a/user-data.txt:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/613505/

With the help of above logs, please see if you can point out if I am
missing anything here.

Thanks.

Regards,
Amit