[Openstack] The time of bug fix

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jun 6 09:25:55 UTC 2017

On 03.06.2017 05:23, TanXin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just came into OpenStack community. I know OpenStack has a release cycle nearly 6 moths.
> I have a question. What time does the bug fix about current release happen(during this release or next)?
>
> Thank you
>
> TanXin

If you're looking for a time-frame where the testers poke the code for N
weeks after a development freeze, you won't find that. That's not
happening here. Bug fixes happen all the time. They are not time boxed.
Every commit has to be "release ready".

Depending on the impact of the reported bug, the merge of fixes might
get delayed during the "stabilization phase" right before a release.
This phase is usually 2-3 weeks long, starting from "RC1 target week":
    https://releases.openstack.org/pike/schedule.html

Backports of bug fixes from "master" branch into "stable branches" will
also be evaluated in terms of benefit/risk.

Hope this helps answer your question.

--
Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)