[Openstack] Devstack branch not found

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Jul 25 08:55:46 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 10:22:18AM +0200, Silvia Fichera wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to use Openstack Mitaka, I usually install it by devstack. When I
> cloned from git I have this error:
>
> git clone -b stable/mitaka https://git.openstack.org/openstack-dev/devstack
> Cloning into 'devstack'...
> fatal: Remote branch stable/mitaka not found in upstream origin
>
> Where can I find the branch I need?

That's right stable/mitaka has been marked End Of Life (EOL) if you
*really* need it you can do

git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack-dev/devstack
git checkout -b stable/mitaka mitaka-eol

This will get you the code as it was retired.  Be warned that most of
the other service projects have also been retired so when devstack
attempts to checkout the stable/mitaka branch of (say keystone) you'll
have the same issue.

It's strongly advised you move up to newton or better yet ocata or
master :)

Yours Tony.