[Openstack] [heat][Designate] Struggling to create DNS records for created instances

Lance Haig lance at haigmail.com
Mon Jul 24 07:12:54 UTC 2017

Hi Kaz,

Thanks for responding.

I found my mistake the Designate Resource requires that the name
provided be a FQDN

I was just passing in the name.

I should look like this

instance_record:
     type: OS::Designate::Record
     properties:
       data: { get_attr: [ instance, first_address ] }
       domain: { get_param: dns_zone }
       name: { list_join: ['.', [{ get_attr: [instance, name] }, {
get_param: dns_zone }]] }
       type: "A"

Thanks

Lance