[Openstack] [heat][Designate] Struggling to create DNS records for created instances

Lance Haig lance at haigmail.com
Fri Jul 21 16:04:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have the following instance code

server1:
   type: OS::Nova::Server
   properties:
     name: Server1
     image: { get_param: image }
     flavor: { get_param: flavor }
     key_name: { get_param: key_name }
     networks:
       - port: { get_resource: server1_port }

and I am trying to create a DNS record from the output of the Instance.

   instance_record:
     type: OS::Designate::Record
     properties:
       data: { get_attr: [ instance, first_address ] }
       domain: { get_param: dns_zone }
       name: { get_attr: [instance, name] }
       type: "A"

For some reason it is giving me an error

resources.instance_stack: Went to status CREATE_FAILED due to
"BadRequest: resources.instance_record: Provided object does not match
schema"

Is it possible to use the output from Nova Server to populate the DNS
record?

Regards

Lance