[Openstack] compute nova and cinder volume on CNA

rag.open.net at openmailbox.org rag.open.net at openmailbox.org
Wed Jul 5 23:27:55 UTC 2017

Hi, regarding nova, I am not clear about fiber channel over ethernet
functionality, if it is necessary to configure something more for fiber
channel over ethernet on the compute side (we already configured fcoe
utils, lldpd, etc),

Doubt:
In the compute node have to be installed cinder-volume and nova-compute?
For everything to work ok.

In our use example we use Dell SC4020 works:
For example with:

Installed cinder volume:
Default_volume_type = dellfc
Enabled_backends = dellfc
[Dellfc]
Volume_backend_name = dellfc
Volume_driver =
cinder.volume.drivers.dell.dell_storagecenter_fc.DellStorageCenterFCDriver

In the compute node we use nova-compute and cinder-volume to connect to
the storage and it works OK with FC, with FCOE we are not yet using it
because we are trying to solve the BCM57810 CNA functionality with Linux
to be able to use DCB it does not work).

Using nfs, zfs, gluster, we use a dedicated volume cinder node, and it
works fine. The doubt arises FCOE.

I would appreciate if someone has a similar configuration and tell us
the experience.

Thank you