[Openstack] Live Migration and LibVirt CPU Mode

rag.open.net at openmailbox.org rag.open.net at openmailbox.org
Wed Jul 5 04:52:30 UTC 2017

Hello..

can you send cpu info(/proc/cpuinfo or dmidecode)?

see =>

https://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Libvirt_identifies_host_processor_as_a_different_model_from_the_hardware_documentation

https://serverfault.com/questions/585791/which-cpu-model-to-set-for-guest-kvm-when-processor-is-ivy-bridge

libvirt linux => /usr/share/libvirt/cpu_map.xml

qemu => qemu-system-x86_64 --cpu ?

x86           qemu64  QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
x86           phenom  AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor
x86         core2duo  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7700  @ 2.40GHz
x86            kvm64  Common KVM processor
x86           qemu32  QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
x86            kvm32  Common 32-bit KVM processor
x86          coreduo  Genuine Intel(R) CPU           T2600  @ 2.16GHz
x86 486
x86 pentium
x86 pentium2
x86 pentium3
x86           athlon  QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
x86             n270  Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270   @ 1.60GHz
x86           Conroe  Intel Celeron_4x0 (Conroe/Merom Class Core 2)
x86           Penryn  Intel Core 2 Duo P9xxx (Penryn Class Core 2)
x86          Nehalem  Intel Core i7 9xx (Nehalem Class Core i7)
x86 *Westmere  Westmere E56xx/L56xx/X56xx (Nehalem-C)*
x86      SandyBridge  Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge)
x86        IvyBridge  Intel Xeon E3-12xx v2 (Ivy Bridge)
x86    Haswell-noTSX  Intel Core Processor (Haswell, no TSX)
x86          Haswell  Intel Core Processor (Haswell)
x86  Broadwell-noTSX  Intel Core Processor (Broadwell, no TSX)
x86        Broadwell  Intel Core Processor (Broadwell)
x86       Opteron_G1  AMD Opteron 240 (Gen 1 Class Opteron)
x86       Opteron_G2  AMD Opteron 22xx (Gen 2 Class Opteron)
x86       Opteron_G3  AMD Opteron 23xx (Gen 3 Class Opteron)
x86       Opteron_G4  AMD Opteron 62xx class CPU
x86       Opteron_G5  AMD Opteron 63xx class CPU
x86             host  KVM processor with all supported host features
(only available in KVM mode)

Regards.