[Openstack] OpenStack Ocata for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Corey Bryant corey.bryant at canonical.com
Thu Feb 23 20:45:31 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This is awesome Corey! Really fast...
>
>  Ubuntu is the leading operating system for both running your cloud, or
> for running it at the cloud!
>
>  However, OpenStack's future in both Debian and Ubuntu is in checkmate,
> look:
>
>  http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-Feb
> ruary/112220.html
>
>  I think that Mark Shuttleworth have to do something about this situation.
>
>  What do you think?
>
> Cheers!
> Thiago

Hey Thiago!

The issues with the Debian OpenStack packages didn't have much of an effect
on Ubuntu.  We did take on some extra work to deliver new versions of
packages that, in prior releases, we synced from Debian.  But as you can,
the Ubuntu packages were available to install on 16.04 LTS on the same day
that upstream released OpenStack, so it didn't slow us down too much.

On a Debian note, I'm not sure it's official but I think someone is
stepping up to take over maintenance of the Debian OpenStack projects so
stay tuned there.

Corey