[Openstack] Snapshot: Cannot determine the parent storage pool

John Petrini jpetrini at coredial.com
Tue Feb 21 17:18:26 UTC 2017

That's a great question and I'm honestly not sure. Anytime I've tried to do
so myself I've also received an error. A colleague of mine first renamed
the image and then deleted it without issue. I'm going to see if I can
reproduce this somehow. Thank you for the link - I may end up going a
simpler route and just snapshooting the affected instances and rebuilding
them from the snapshots so they have a base image again.

Here's the nova output from an affected VM:

nova show 63ef9e03-0b0e-4d89-9334-3a68af0a2731 | grep image
| image                                | Image not found
(cfa4f24e-24f5-4c03-8edf-8d0469247fa5)