[Openstack] IPSec VPN Connection to Cisco Router

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Feb 20 20:11:28 UTC 2017

I need to establish an IPSec VPN connection between an openstack cloud
router (hosted by Catalyst) and a site with a Cisco 7200 series router.

I have established VPN site-to-site connections using IPSec protected
GRE tunnels - but the terminology of the openstack setup does not
correspond nicely to the Cisco terminotlogy.

Does anyone have an example of this configuration?

I have defined a configuration/profile on the openstack side -
   IKE - auth:SHA1 - encr:3DES  - pfs:group 14
   IPSEC - auth:SHA1 - encr:aes-256 - pfs:group 14

I am working on trying to get a corresponding configuration on the Cisco side.