[Openstack] [OpenStack] vlan_transparent configuration

Xu, Rongjie (Nokia - CN/Hangzhou) rongjie.xu at nokia.com
Fri Feb 17 14:30:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

I want to use vlan_transparent feature of neutron. What shall I do to enable this feature?

Here is what I currently have done: enable following option on both controller and compute and restart neutron related services.
/etc/neutron/neutron.conf
vlan_transparent = True

With this configuration, I launched two VMs attached to one L2 tenant network with vlan_transparent enabled. I set up vlan on VM port manually and try to ping each other. But it does not work as ARP packets are dropped inside OVS. Per my understanding, I shall miss something of configuration so OVS ARP flows are not added automatically.

Best Regards
Xu Rongjie (Max)