[Openstack] Request for more documents: Ceilometer, Gnocchi, Aodh, Senlin and OVN.

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 05:16:41 UTC 2017

Guys,

 I'm trying very hard to put those pieces of software to work together,
however, it is not working as expected... I think that I am almost there!

 Basically, I need a reliable AutoScaling solution.

 Looks like that Senlin is the answer, I manage to make the "openstack
cluster ..." commands to work (Ocata on Ubuntu 16.04 via Cloud Archive), I
can run a few things here but, it is not complete... I can see errors on
Aodh, on Gnocchi...

 Thing is, there is no clear documentation about how to install and
integrate those things on Ubuntu.

 Also, I'm tired of L3 / DHCP agents and lots of Linux Namespaces, looks
like that OpenvSwitch and its OVN will replace those things but, again, I
can't find clear docs about that, especially when with OVS+DPDK...

 Any plans for Ocata documentation?

 BTW, OpenStack is getting better and better! This project is awesome!   :-D

Thanks!
Thiago