[Openstack] [OpenStack] VM Disk Quota

Arne Wiebalck arne.wiebalck at cern.ch
Wed Feb 15 06:34:39 UTC 2017

Hi,

With Ceph as the backend, we use Cinder’s QoS feature to limit IOPS on users’ volumes:
http://ceph.com/planet/openstack-ceph-rbd-and-qos/

We introduced this mostly to avoid a user exhausting the IOPS we have available on the
Ceph cluster. For the local root disks, we do not limit the IO.

We have configured different volume types (standard and high IOPS), and the feature
works really well for us.

HTH,
 Arne