[Openstack] Mitaka Neutron DVR namespace not communicating with DHCP and LbaaS namespace with VLAN isolation

kevin parrikar kevin.parker092 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 17:26:12 UTC 2017

hello All,
I just installed Mitaka release with DVR and ml2+OVS,everything looks fine .

vms are getting ip address,floating IP address is working,vms can talk to
lbaas namespace

How ever:

Communication from qrouter-namespace to lbass and dhcp namespace are not
 working,because of that floating ip assigned on lbaas is not working.I am
not sure whats is broken,we are using VLAN segmentation,Even tried using
GRE but that didnt make any difference.

i am new to DVR and in my juno environment without DVR, DHCP namespace can
talk to lbaas and router namespace.

on one of the compute node:

ip netns exec qrouter-602e4399-1949-4f7f-9351-0921064a111b ip l

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode
DEFAULT group default
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
20: qr-0d106417-3b: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 9000 qdisc
noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default

ovs-vsctl list-ifaces br-int
fg-70b8f7d1-1e
int-br-floating
int-br-prv
qr-0d106417-3b
qr-d1b616f7-45
qvo61d4d7d2-83
qvoc1f28f85-f6

 ovs-vsctl show |grep  -A 2 qr-0d106417-3b
        Port "qr-0d106417-3b"
            tag: 1
            Interface "qr-0d106417-3b"
                type: internal
        Port "qvo61d4d7d2-83"

any idea why DVR is not able to talk to qdhcp and qlbaas ,but vms can talk
to both namespaces.

Regards,
Kevi