[Openstack] Ceilometer and cpu_util meter

Daniel Russell DanielR at hostworks.com.au
Sun Feb 12 22:54:21 UTC 2017

Hi Jonathan,

On your compute host, can you check the configuration in /etc/ceilometer/pipeline.yaml ?

The default configuration contains :

    - name: cpu_source
      interval: 600
      meters:
          - "cpu"
      sinks:
          - cpu_sink

And

    - name: cpu_sink
      transformers:
          - name: "rate_of_change"
            parameters:
                target:
                    name: "cpu_util"
                    unit: "%"
                    type: "gauge"
                    scale: "100.0 / (10**9 * (resource_metadata.cpu_number or 1))"
      publishers:
          - notifier://

If you change the “interval” parameter to the frequency you are after (in seconds) and restart the ceilometer agent I believe that should solve your problem.

Cheers,
Dan.