[Openstack] [Fuel] How to manage Puppet manifests, data

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at pawsey.org.au
Wed Feb 8 07:39:47 UTC 2017

Hi all,

We'd like to be able to automate deploying changes from our Fuel master
to our OpenStack cluster. Reading an architecture doc[1] I'm hopeful,
but not sure of the mechanics. Hunting around in the Puppet modules and
fuel/astute/etc files has helped a bit, but I'm hoping for some input
from the community.

I see there have been moves to change Puppet manifest defaults to
::os_service_default, so I have two questions (for now!):
1. Where are those os_service_default values defined?
2. Where should I enter settings to override those defaults or Fuel's
values?

One more question for good measure: Is there a recommended way to then
push those changes out? I'm assuming we run the right mcollective
command to call the rsync and puppet apply, but I'd love to hear someone
say it out loud.

TIA,
Greg.

[1]