[Openstack] Trove Shadow Tenant

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Sun Feb 5 22:22:00 UTC 2017

Hi Sergio,

With respect to the rabbit security - you can (and probably should) use
a different rabbit server for the trove message queue i.e not your
openstack rabbit. I *think* this is mentioned in the trove deployment
docs these days (it didn't used to be), and it is easy to miss wherever
it is mentioned! However this by itself is not enough really - as your
trove rabbit can be dos'd/hacked to cause mayhem to all running trove
instances.

The shadow tenant seems like the plan. However you are absolutely
correct - how to actually set it up is...err not that well documented.
I've made a comment on one of the various blogs to that effect. I'm
hoping it will spur one of the experts to show us in detail how it is
done :-)

regards

Mark