[Openstack] Certifying SDKs

Volodymyr Litovka doka.ua at gmx.com
Fri Dec 15 07:43:53 UTC 2017

Hi Melvin,

isn't SDK the same as Openstack REST API? In my opinion (can be
erroneous, though), SDK should just support everything that API
supports, providing some basic checks of parameters (e.g. verify
compliancy of passed parameter to IP address format, etc) before calling
API (in order to decrease load of Openstack by eliminating obviously
broken requests).

Thanks.

On 12/11/17 8:35 AM, Melvin Hillsman wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> On the path to potentially certifying SDKs we would like to gather a
> list of scenarios folks would like to see "guaranteed" by an SDK.
>
> Some examples - boot instance from image, boot instance from volume,
> attach volume to instance, reboot instance; very much like InterOp
> works to ensure OpenStack clouds provide specific functionality.
>
> Here is a document we can share to do this -
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cdzFeV5I4Wk9FK57yqQmp5JJdGfKzEOdB3Vtt9vnVJM/edit#gid=0
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Melvin Hillsman
> mrhillsman at gmail.com <mailto:mrhillsman at gmail.com>
> mobile: (832) 264-2646

Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison