[Openstack] [xenserver][ocata] overcommit vcpu

Bob Ball bob.ball at citrix.com
Fri Dec 1 14:39:11 UTC 2017

Hi Adhi,

Do you mean that you can’t run two VMs each with 8 vCPUs, or do you mean that you are trying to run one VM with more than 8 vCPUs?

I believe that the cpu_allocation_ratio means that you can re-use each physical cpu (thread) up to 16 times with different VMs, but each VM is still restricted to at must the number of physical cpu threads you have on the machine.

Bob