[Openstack] [Fuel] NTP sync issues when deploying

Tomas Brännström tomas.a.brannstrom at tieto.com
Thu Aug 31 15:54:56 UTC 2017

Hi
I'm doing a fresh deploy of OpenStack using Fuel, with 1 controller and 3
compute nodes. Network verification passes without issues, but during the
OpenStack installation phase, all nodes fail with:

*Failed to deploy node '...': Task sync_time failed on node *

I can ping the NTP servers (0.fuel.pool.ntp.org etc.) from the nodes so
connectivity shouldn't be an issue.

This is with version 10 of Fuel, used by opnfv release 3. What might be the
problem here? I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this since the connectivity
is fine...

/Tomas