[Openstack] trying to install Redhat 5.2ish OS

John Fleming john at spikefishsolutions.com
Fri Aug 25 19:40:42 UTC 2017

Hi everyone, i'm attempting to install a vm but i can't seem to get a
hard drive to show up. I'm booting cirrus without issue, but it looks
like that uses a vd. This is a bit new to me still.

What i've tried is changing the disk controller to iscis and ide. I'm
booting an ISO and setting a flavor of 2G of ram with 40gig on a lvm.

I started off with doing a full install via virt-manger then uploading
the qcow2 then moved to trying to do the install inside openstack. I'm
getting the feeling i'm missing something basic.