[Openstack] [Horizon] How to monitor and visualize resource utilization after removal of Ceilometer code?

Ran Lu ranluai at foxmail.com
Fri Aug 18 02:14:03 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I am trying to find some precedents as guidance so that I can use
Gnocchi to monitor and visualize CPU, memory and other metrics in real
time. I assumed that Horizon is the right place to look at. But I
learned that Ceilometer code has been deprecated and removed from
Horizon, with no easily accessible explanation in the commit message
[1]. Is there any explanation regarding to the removal of Ceilometer
from Horizon? And how can Horizon monitor resource utilization
dynamically without Ceilometer?

Thanks & Regards,

Ran Lu.

[1].