[Openstack] Nova user cannot connect to MYSQL DB

wahi wahi at sci.am
Thu Aug 17 18:45:30 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I am deploying Openstack using MAAS-JUJU, I am trying to deploy each
service one-by-one and build the relation between them, everything is ok
except that the nova-controller cannot connect to MYSQL db, the DB and
the controller are on the same host.

I am getting this error from the log:

hook failed: "shared-db-relation-changed:" for mysql:shared-db"

I binded the VM IP to
mysql and granted the user nova to access the mysql with the
auto-generated password. I did the same step for glance and keystone and
it worked without any problem.

Could you please help me to understand what is the problem ? and how can
I solve it ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
   Wahi