[Openstack] Ocata Updates at CentOS Repo

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Wed Aug 2 18:30:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

> Nova latest version is 15.0.6 but at CentOS repo (
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/x86_64/openstack-ocata/) the
> latest available version is 15.0.4
>
> Does anyone know how long does it take to be updated?

We are getting better at automatically building, testing and releasing
new versions for stable release but it's still a work in progress.
As you can see directly on the mirror [1] we have recently flushed a
large batch of updates that were released on July 31st.

As far as Nova is concerned, there was an issue with it that was
resolved earlier this morning and it was tagged for release so it
should hit the mirrors after package signing and CDN distribution.
If you feel we're lagging behind on stable releases, please don't
hesitate to ping us on #rdo on freenode or rdo-list [2].

We're doing our best to keep track of the 1500+ packages we are
maintaining but sometimes it's possible one falls through the cracks
:)

Thanks,

[1]: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/x86_64/openstack-ocata/?C=M;O=D