[Openstack] [openstack-dev][openstack] API to get tunnel port connect to other host

James Denton james.denton at rackspace.com
Fri Apr 28 15:11:30 UTC 2017

Hi Vikash,

The VXLAN tunnel endpoint address is listed in the output of a neutron agent-show <agent name/id>:

$ neutron agent-show cb45e3f8-4a28-475a-994d-83bc27806c38
+---------------------+----------------------------------------+
| Field               | Value                                  |
+---------------------+----------------------------------------+
| admin_state_up      | True                                   |
| agent_type          | Linux bridge agent                     |
| alive               | True                                   |
| availability_zone   |                                        |
| binary              | neutron-linuxbridge-agent              |
| configurations      | {                                      |
|                     |      "tunneling_ip": "172.29.232.66",  |
|                     |      "devices": 2,                     |
|                     |      "interface_mappings": {           |
|                     |           "vlan": "br-vlan"            |
|                     |      },                                |
|                     |      "extensions": [],                 |
|                     |      "l2_population": true,            |
|                     |      "tunnel_types": [                 |
|                     |           "vxlan"                      |
|                     |      ],                                |
|                     |      "bridge_mappings": {}             |
|                     | }                                      |
| created_at          | 2017-04-19 23:12:47                    |
| description         |                                        |
| heartbeat_timestamp | 2017-04-28 15:07:59                    |
| host                | 841445-compute007                      |
| id                  | cb45e3f8-4a28-475a-994d-83bc27806c38   |
| started_at          | 2017-04-20 17:38:03                    |
| topic               | N/A                                    |

The actual Layer 4 port used may vary between drivers (linuxbridge vs OVS), but that would either be hard-coded or defined within a configuration file.

James