[Openstack] [Swift] : Work-flow

Sameer Kulkarni ksameersrk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 09:46:33 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I had a doubt regarding the work-flow of Swift.

*'For read operation, we need to read from one of the three replicas. We
are aware that geographical origin of request is one of the factors to
decide which replica to read from(usually the nearest replica). But is also
the load on the nodes containing these replicas taken into account? i.e
will all read requests for the same object from a given location read from
same replica or when load increases(on the node containing that replica)
will the requests be directed to a different replica ?’*

Cheers,
Sameer