[Openstack] openstack ocata deploy multiple cells

Jiang Pengfei JiangPF1992 at outlook.com
Mon Apr 24 13:25:23 UTC 2017

Hi:
I have some problems when deploying openstack ocata. I have five centos7 servers, one controller node, two cell nodes, and two compute nodes. Controller node as a api cell. I installed rabbitmq, msyql(nova db) and nova-conductor on the cell1 node and cell2 node. The compute1 node belongs to cell1, the compute2 node belongs to cell2. Finally, I create two cells(cell1 and cell2) on the controller node.

I think that [database]/connection of the controller node is not necessary, because the document says that this parameter is a default value. Then I encountered the following questions when set the value of controller's nova.conf/[database]/connection:

1. If I comment out the [database]/connection, the nova-scheduler service can't start;

2. If I set the value of [database]/connection to cell1's nova db, I can only get the compute nodes below cell1;

3. If I set the value of [database]/connection to cell2's nova db, I can only get the compute nodes below cell2;

   I want to know how to deploy multiple cells.

Anyone can help ? Thanks very much!